Château Clarke is one of the rare vineyards in the Médoc that produce a white wine. The Merle Blanc is part of the history and heritage of the Château, as it has been produced since the late 19th century (1890). Highly respected and renowned, it has accounted for up to a quarter of the Château’s production. Today, this rare wine fits perfectly into the spirit of the estate.
Aging for 6 months, 30% in new barrels, 30% in second fill barrels, the rest in stainless steel tanks. 70% Sauvignon Blanc, 10% Sauvignon Gris, 10% Muscadelle, 10% Sémillion.
The pale yellow color of the Le Merle Blanc is clear and bright with green glints. The nose is both subtle and complex, combining minerality with notes of candied quince and liquorice. On the palate, the wine is balanced with a nice acidity maintained throughout the length.